Tuesday, September 9, 2008

ONE OF THOSE WEEKS

Do you ever have one of those weeks when everything happens at once? You know what I mean, you have all of those things that you need to be doing, all of the things that have to be done by a certain day, you are under the gun, feel the pressure, have the responsibility, these things must be done. But then everything else happens that keeps you from doing them. This seems to be a weekly event in my life. I have learned that the bulletin will get printed and my sermon will still be ready, even if I am still working on it at 3am Sunday morning. God has never failed me just because I felt too pressured or too busy. He always comes through, always has, always will. Jesus felt this kind of pressure from people also, only worse. He had people pulling Him in several directions at once, heal my son, come and heal my daughter, touch me and I will be healed, teach us, feed these people… I’m glad I’m not Jesus. Even Jesus felt it, and sometimes He had to get away, He had to be alone and let God talk to Him. Sometimes we also need to get away and have some alone time with God. What is your alone time, or quite time? Time when your brain can unwind, it is important that we all do this. Find your alone place, it doesn’t have to be a far away exotic place, it can be your bathroom, bedroom, yard, garage or wherever. Find a place for yourself.
Next week is going to be a great week, we will have a Gideon with us in church, telling us what all the Gideon’s are doing. And then Desert Reign will also be with us in church, it will be kind of like Desert Reign unplugged, they will be doing some music and sharing what God had laid on their hearts. You may see Desert Reign like you never have before.
And then on Sunday night at 6:00 pm we will be doing the free food and free concert with Desert Reign in the park. Why am I telling you this? Because all of this takes money. The man from Gideon International will take up an offering at the door to help buy the bibles they give away. We need to give Desert Reign a generous offering and we need to give Morris and Carolyn money to cover food expense. I know; give, give, give. But you do it so well. Let’s show everyone what we are made of, and make this the best outreach ever. What do you say??
In HIS Service, Bro. Randy

No comments: