Tuesday, December 16, 2008

GIFT

Have you finished all of your Christmas shopping yet? Have you bought that special gift for that special someone? It always makes you feel good when you know what you are going to buy for that special someone, and then you go out and get it, of course it always helps when they give you a lot of hints. The best is a list written out and given to you, it’s only fair, that’s what they want from you. Of course if you wait until December 24th it’s a lot easier, you just pick up whatever is left. The selection isn’t as vast, but the decisions are easier, “Do I get her a snow shovel or a water hose, ice melt or a skateboard, mittens or flip-flops? Snow shovel, ice melt and mittens, then she will be all set for….” Maybe this isn’t the best way to do it but when you wait until the last day, this is what you get, trust me I know. It’s times like this that you really push that “it’s the thought that counts” thing. Maybe we should put a little more thought, a little bit earlier into it. Of course if you are like me, I go to buy Becky that special gift that will just make her day, and I go to the store, and since I don’t have a list, I forget what it is (snow shovel, ice melt, no no that’s not it, now what was it). But those times when I do come through it makes me feel great to know that I did good.
Of course when you do buy that special gift that you know she will just go crazy over, you want to give it right away because you want to see that look on her face. Don't you just hate having to wait to give that gift, I wish that I had enough money to give her a special gift every day of December, but I don't, and even if I did I don't have enough ideas. To think of one makes my brain hurt. But Christmas will be here soon and then we can all give that special gift to that special someone.
So what is the most special gift that you have ever given someone? Let me know.

No comments: