Tuesday, March 24, 2009

HOME SECURITY SYSTEM

How to install a home security system...
1. Go to a second-hand store and buy a pair of men's used size 14-16 work boots.
2. Place them on your front porch, along with a copy of Guns & Ammo magazine and your NRA magazines.
3. Put a few giant dog dishes next to the boots and magazine.
4. Leave a note on your door that reads: "Hey Bubba, Jim Bob, Duke and Slim, I went for more ammunition. Back in an hour. Don't mess with the pit bulls - they attacked the mailman this morning and messed him up real bad. I don't think Killer took part in it but it was hard to tell from all the blood. Anyway, I locked all four of 'em in the house. Better wait outside till I get home."

Billy

I guess this is one way to secure a house. Jesus said in Matthew 12:29-30 “Or how can someone enter a strong man's house and plunder his goods, unless he first binds the strong man? Then indeed he may plunder his house. 30 Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters.” (ESV)
We need to make sure that Jesus is Lord and Master of our house, our physical and our spiritual house. We need to make sure that we are working to gather with Him, gather the lost by telling them about Jesus, gathering together with other believers, doing God’s work. Right after this Jesus said, “For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. 35 The good person out of his good treasure brings forth good, and the evil person out of his evil treasure brings forth evil. 36 I tell you, on the day of judgment people will give account for every careless word they speak, 37 for by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.” Matthew 12:34-37 (ESV) Let’s make sure of our deeds and our words.

No comments: