Thursday, June 4, 2009

Kwai Chang Caine Dead

For those of you who remember the 70's, you know who Kwai Chang Caine was. He was the character that David Carradine played in the series Kung Fu. When David first got into the role he knew nothing about kung fu or the Shaolin, Kwai Chang was a Shaolin priest.
While filming the series his interest grew in these, he learned kung fu and studied to be a Shaolin priest, although the temple was long gone. He immersed himself in this form of Eastern religion.

David Carradine hung himself in his hotel room in Bangkok Thailand, and is believed to have committed suicide. It said Carradine was in Bangkok to shoot a movie and had been staying at the hotel since Tuesday.

David was looking for something more than himself, he thought that he had found it in Eastern religion, which left him empty and longing.

Jesus is the only one who can fill that longing in our souls. I wish that he had turned to Jesus, I'm sure that he was devoted, I'm sure that he was committed, I'm sure that he was sincere, but He didn't know Jesus.
Jesus said "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. 7 If you had known me, you would have known my Father also. John 14:6-7 (ESV)
Anything else leads to a sinners hell.

What are you following?

No comments: