Wednesday, June 11, 2008

FATHER'S DAY

What does it mean to be a father? There is proof walking around that it doesn't take much to father a child, but to be a dad, a real dad is different. A real dad loves their children no matter what, he may not approve of what they did, but he always loves them. I always told my kids that no matter what they did to be honest with me about it, otherwise I could not help them. Being a father of two grown children who are married and having their own children I see the importance of being involved in their lives. My wife and I were involved in everything that our kids were, we were a part of their lives, their teachers knew us, their friends knew us, some bad things were avoided because of this. When our kids were in high school they came home for lunch, and brought friends, we had extra kids at our house all of the time and I loved it. That is the way my wife and I both were raised, with parents close at hand. My kids never thought weird of it and neither did their friends.

As a dad we must be involved with our kids, they need to know who we really are and what we believe in, we need to really know our kids. Sunday is Father's Day, I hope you will be with your dad if possible and I hope you will bring him to church for our Father's Day Cook-out.

Se you Sunday!

No comments: