Tuesday, August 18, 2009

50 & A HEART CATH

Tuesday, August 11. As I am writing this, it is my birthday. I know that we all have them, some admit it more readily than others, but we all have one every year. Not only is today my birthday, but I am also turning 50, now there is something that you only do one time, at least I’m pretty sure that’s right. So here I am thinking about turning 50 and I feel like it’s no big deal. It’s just another day, another year, nothing to worry about. All I have to worry about is….is…..well the phone rang and I lost my train of thought. I guess that whatever it was I thought that I had to worry about; I don’t have to worry about now. They say that the memory is the second thing to go; I don’t remember who they are, or what the first thing is. All I know is that my memory is as sharp as….as...a...Well Friday I have the heart cath, they are going to go in and look to see if I have a heart. Becky wasn’t happy with just the pictures, she wants them to go in and look (does he really have a heart?). By the time that you are reading this it will all be over and done with. Thank you for your prayers and love. Continue to pray for us, this is just one hurdle in this race we have been running. Continue to pray for Becky, her cancer continues to rear its ugly head and say hello, she continues treatment, as she will for the rest of her life.
Wednesday, August 12. Well I survived, my birthday that is, all’s well that ends well. We had Amy, Zach, Zoe and my mom over and I got to cook outside. Had a good time and I didn’t blow my diet too bad. Turning 50 didn’t hurt too much.

You may have noticed something new. We decided to name our outreach program CONNECT. We believe that this will draw more interest and people than Outreach in the Park. This is one of our biggest outreaches of the year, and we need you to be using this fantastic outreach tool. Invite all of your friends, family, co-workers, classmates, people you don’t like and don’t know. Please invite everyone you can to the park on September 5th, for free music, food and fun.


For more info om my heart cath, check out my blog; www.randalwilson.blogspot.com

No comments: