Tuesday, August 11, 2009

TURNING 50!!!

A medical update for those of you who are concerned, my stress test showed that the lower part of my heart is not getting enough blood flow, so on Friday I will have a heart cath and if necessary a stint put in. This must be done before they can do anything on my prostrate. Over the next couple of months or so I may be missing some Sunday’s, just so you know I will not miss anymore than I have to. I want to ask you to be faithful to coming to church when I am not here. All too often when the people of the church know that their pastor will be gone they make no effort to be in church. Please do just the opposite. Make every effort to be here and continue supporting the church. Let whoever is filling in for me see what kind of people we have here at Carey, let them be amazed how many people we have. And continue to pray for Becky and I, remember, she still has cancer and some days it is more than she can take. And now with me having cancer also it will be extra hard on her, so say an extra prayer for her. I want to say thank you to everyone who gave to us in the love offering. It was totally unexpected and a blessing. I pray that God will bless you 100 fold, you are the best!
Well I turn 50 on Tuesday, and I have heard people talk about falling apart when they turned 50. Well at 49 I was diagnosed with cancer and possibly a blockage. 50 will be the year of better health and less weight. 50, now that’s going to be the year when I’m thinner, healthier and better looking….well I’ll be 50 anyway. A half a century old, good thing Paul Harris isn’t on the radio anymore I never would here the end of it. Just think, 50 isn’t old if you’re a rock. Well enough of me making fun of myself. Turning 50 doesn’t bother me, I SAID, TURNING 50 DOESN’T BOTHER ME!! (I’m not sure I heard that!) Just think 50 is nothing compared to Methuselah, or a turtle, or eternity. It’s just a drop in the bucket.
“But do not overlook this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.” 2 Peter 3:8 (ESV)
When you read this verse you see that 50 years in God’s eyes is not much time, I’m only getting started good.

No comments: