Wednesday, August 5, 2009

AUGUST NEWSLETTER PASTOR'S PEN

Is it August already? It is hard to understand, but the older you get, the faster time goes. We just started summer and now it’s almost over, school starts back on Monday, August 24. We are about to enter into all of the fall activities, didn’t we just have all of those, have we had Easter yet, wait, this is August, see what I mean? We will have another Ice Cream freeze-off on the 2nd and let the 35 and under crowd compete, of course anyone can bring ice cream. We are also having a sandwich supper before the ice cream. And then on the 9th we will be showing Faith Like Potatoes, an inspiring true story of a rugged South African farmer, Angus Buchan.
We have our service at the Childress Healthcare Center on Sunday the 16th, Jimmy McClain spoke in July and did a great job, thank you Jimmy. By the way, if you would like to speak just let me know.
As most of you know, I have prostate cancer and as I am writing this, I am not sure what is in store for me. As I am writing this I have not seen the surgeon yet so I don’t know when my surgery will be, but it should be some time in August. Keep Becky and I in your prayers, there are a lot of things to consider with this surgery and none of them sound like much fun. But there is one thing that I know, God still sits on His throne and none of this took Him by surprise. We are still in His loving care, He watches out for us. He is our shepherd; He leads us to the quite waters to drink so that we will remain calm. He beds us down in fields of green grass so that we will have plenty to eat and be able to sleep in comfort. His rod and staff are there to help show us the way and to protect us from the enemy. And when we walk through that cold dark valley called the shadow of death, we don’t have to have fear because He is there. Why does He do these things? Because He loves us and because He wants to restore our soul for His name’s sake. Amen.

No comments: